3 cup all-purpose flour or 2 C white flour & 1C whole wheat.
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 cup white sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup orange juice
2 tsp vanilla extract
4 apples (peeled cored and sliced)
2 tsp ground cinnamon
5 tsp white sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour one 10 inch tube pan (or dust with a cinnamon & sugar mixture).
2. Combine the 2 tsp cinnamon and 5 tsp sugar together and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder and 2 cups of the sugar. Stir in the vegetable oil, beaten eggs, orange juice and vanilla. Mix well.
4. Pour 1/3 of the batter into the prepared pan. Top with 1/2 of the sliced apples and sprinkle with 1/2 of the cinnamon sugar mixture. Repeat batter and apple layer. Pour the remaining 1/3 batter over the top.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 60 minutes.
Jewish Apple Cake